Saturday 19 October 2013

Gated communities online?

I just read about the problem caused by the enclosed nature of facebook and twitter where search engines can't readily reach. A similar situation applies to news aggegators especially since the death of google reader. News aggregators pass on the information without each reader scoring a hit on the website featured which means that it is harder to finance that site for advertising revenue. Thus aggregators do the reader a favour and the writer a potential disfavour if s/he is looking for revenue from the site.

This photo by Dean Terry on Hans Karssenberg's
somehow exemplifies that for me. Take a look at the site!

Gated community in Plano, Texas near Dallas; photo by Dean Terry

Strange that MOOCs appear at present to open up educational opportunities...
I guess if I am inexperienced in a topic I will pay for a teacher in the future
or if I'm intrapersonal and and of an autodidactic frame of mind I won't...
Either way it'll be interesting to finally see the death of the dias-centred diatribe -
I can hardly wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment